Computer Scientist, Stream Processing Advocate.
My name is Jamie, I am a Computer Scientist originally from the United Kingdom, now living in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
I specialise in designing and building large scale stream processing systems, although I am also interested in procedural generation, artificial intelligence and game development.
I received my Computer Science BSc from Cardiff University, in July 2009.
After that I spent 3 years architecting high speed stream processing systems in the UK before relocating out to Vancouver, where I do much the same.
I've reproduced a list of recent posts here for your reading pleasure:
- Papers in Stream Processing - February 10, 2014
- Securing Streams - February 1, 2014
- Reasoning about Commutativity: Towards A Streaming Calculus Part II - January 25, 2014
- Failure scenarios in Streaming Systems - Initial Thoughts - January 18, 2014
- Perfect Streaming Sort is Impossible - An Intuitive Result - January 15, 2014
- Towards a Stream Processing Calculus - I - January 11, 2014
- ghostream: The Next Steps - January 5, 2014
- Realtime Wikipedia Updates, with ghostream - November 12, 2013
- Mapping Earthquakes with ghostream - November 3, 2013
- Charting Earthquakes with ghostream. - October 27, 2013
- Mocking is an Anti-Pattern - October 20, 2013
…or you can find more in the archives.