My name is Jamie, I am a Computer Scientist originally from the United Kingdom, now living in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
I specialise in designing and building large scale stream processing systems, although I am also interested in procedural generation, artificial intelligence and game development.
I received my Computer Science BSc from Cardiff University, in July 2009.
After that I spent 3 years architecting high speed stream processing systems in the UK before relocating out to Vancouver, where I do much the same.
I've reproduced a list of recent posts here for your reading pleasure:
- Securing Streams II. Implementing a Secure Pub-Sub in ghostream
- Stream Processing Papers
- Securing Streams
- Reasoning about commutativity towards a streaming calculus II
- Failure scenarios in stream processing systems
- Towards a stream processing calculus I
- ghostream - next steps
- Realtime Wikipedia updates
- Mapping earthquakes with ghostream
- Charting earthquakes with ghostream
- Mocking is an Anti-Pattern